Tu B’Shevat Citrus, Pomegranate, and Mint Salad
Serves 4-6 (recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed)
for the salad-
- 1 small head of lettuce, your favorite variety (Speckled, Romaine,Little Gem)
- 2 small Cara Cara oranges (or any available orange)
- 1 small blood orange (or any available orange)
- 2 tangerines
- ½ cup feta cheese, cubed small or crumbled
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
for the dressing-
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
Start by removing the peel and outer membrane from all of the citrus. Slice off the very top and bottom of the fruit. Next, cut the peel and outer membrane away from the flesh by standing the fruit on its bottom and carefully run the knife alongside the fruit, cutting away the peel one section at a time. Once you have cut away the peel, slice the citrus into half inch rounds. Alternatively, you can also fully supreme the fruit.
Lay the lettuce leaves down into your serving platter or bowl. If using large leaves of lettuce, slice the lettuce into smaller pieces. Lay the fruit on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and fresh mint. Season with a pinch of salt.
In a small bowl, whisk together the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, honey and salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Taste and adjust according to your liking. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.